M.Sc. Marwan Hammouda
I received the B.S. degree in communications and control engineering from the Islamic University of Gaza, Gaza, Palestine in 2007, and the M.S. degree in Communications, systems and electronics from Jacobs University Bremen, Germany in 2012. Since November 2012, I have been with the Institute of Communications Technology at Leibniz Universität Hannover, Hanover, Germany as a research assistance working toward the Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering. My research interests mainly include the application of signal processing and information theory in wireless radio frequency (RF) systems and visible light communications (VLC), with emphasize on resource allocation in wireless communications and networks under quality of service (QoS) constraints.
- Wireless Communications and Networks
- Resource Allocation and Optimization in Wireless Networks
- Cognitive Radio
- Visible Light Communications
- Information Theory
- Cross-Layer Analysis
- Detection and Estimation
- QoS Provisioning in Wireless Networks
- Digital Communication System: Summer Semester 2018
- Digital Communication System: Winter Semester 2017/18
- Digital Communication System: Winter Semester 2016/17
- Digital Communication System: Winter Semester 2015/16
- Modulation Schemes: Summer Semester 2016
- Modulation Schemes: Summer Semester 2015
- Modulation Schemes: Summer Semester 2014
List of Publications
Google Scholar | Profile
- M. Hammouda, A. M. Vegni, H. Haas, and J. Peissig, "Resource allocation and interference management in OFDMA-based VLC networks," Physical Communication, Apr. 2018.
- M. Hammouda, S. Akın, A. M. Vegni, H. Haas, and J. Peissig, "Link selection in hybrid RF/VLC systems under statistical queueing constraints," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 2738-2754, Apr. 2018.
- M. Hammouda, S. Akın, M. C. Gursoy, and J. Peissig, "Effective capacity in MIMO channels with arbitrary inputs," IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., vol. 67, no. 4, pp. 3252-3268, Apr. 2018.
- M. Hammouda, A. M. Vegni, J. Peissig, and M. Biagi, “Resource Allocation in a multi-color DS-OCDMA VLC Cellular Architecture” Optics express, 26(5), pp.5940-5961.
- M. Hammouda, S. Akın, A. M. Vegni, H. Haas, and J. Peissig, “'Hybrid RF/VLC Systems under QoS Constraints”, Accepted for publication in the proceeding of the 25th International Conference on Telecommunications (ICT 2018), Saint-Malo, France, June 26-28 2018.
- M. Hammouda, and J. Peissig, „ 'VLC Systems with Fixed-Rate Transmissions Under Statistical Queueing Constraints'“, Accepted for publication in the proceeding of the 11th IEEE/IET International Symposium on Communication Systems, Networks, and Digital Signal Processing (CSNDSP), Budapest, Hungary, July 18-20 2018.
- S. Akin, M. Hammouda, and J. Peissig, “QoS analysis of cognitive radios employing HARQ,” In Proc. IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), Paris, France, 2017, pp. 1-6.
- M. Hammouda, J. Peissig, and A. M. Vegni, “Design of a cognitive VLC network with illumination and handover requirements,” In Proc. IEEE International Conference on Communications Workshops (ICC Workshops), Paris, France, 2017, pp. 451-456.
- M. Hammouda, S. Akin, and J. Peissig, “Effective Capacity in Broadcast Channels with Arbitrary Inputs,” In Proc. International Conference on Wired/Wireless Internet Communication, Thessaloniki Greece, 2016, pp. 323-334, Springer.
- M. Hammouda, S. Akin, and J. Peissig, “Effective capacity in multiple access channels with arbitrary inputs,” In Proc. IEEE 11th International Conference on Wireless and Mobile Computing, Networking and Communications (WiMob), Abu Dhabi, UAE, 2015, pp. 406-413.
- M. Hammouda, S. Akin, and J. Peissig, “Performance analysis of energy-detection-based massive SIMO,” In Proc. IEEE International Black Sea Conference on Communications and Networking (BlackSeaCom), Constanta Romania, 2015, pp. 152-156.
- M. Hammouda, S. Akin, and J. Peissig, (2014, December). “Effective capacity in cognitive radio broadcast channels,” in Proc. IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (GLOBECOM), Austin, USA, 2014, pp. 1071–1077.
- M. Hammouda, and J. Wallace, “Noise uncertainty in cognitive radio sensing: Analytical modeling and detection performance,” In Proc. IEEE International ITG Workshop on Smart Antennas (WSA), TU-Dresden, Germany, 2012, pp. 287-293.
- R. Mesleh, H. Elgala, M. Hammouda, I. Stefan, and H. Haas, “Optical spatial modulation with transmitter-receiver alignments,” in Proc. IEEE 16th European Conference on Networks and Optical Communications (NOC), 2011, pp. 1-4
- Anh Le (2015): Channel Equalization for Pulse Position Modulation System (Supervisors: Marwan Hammouda and Dr. Jens Bruns (Baker Hughes GmbH))
- Prasanna Surisetti (2015): Cross-Layer Analysis of HARQ-CC Systems from Data Link and Physical Layer Perspectives (Supervisors: Dr. Sami Akin and Marwan Hammouda)
- Alina Moldovan (2015): Leistung von Cooperative Spectrum Sensing unter Anwesenheit von unkooperativen Nutzern - Performance of Cooperative Spectrum Sensing in the Presence of Uncooperative Users. (Supervisor: Marwan Hammouda)
- Marc Hölscher (2014): Cognitive Radio Broadcast Channels under QoS Constraints and Channel Uncertainty (Supervisor: Marwan Hammouda)
- Maxim Penner (2014): Herleitung des optimalen Detektors für Spectrum Sensing in Cognitive Radio unter Rauschunsicherheit - Derivation of the Optimal Detector for Spectrum Sensing in Cognitive Radio under Noise Uncertainty(Supervisor: Marwan Hammouda)